Like Anna, I serve with Edu-Futuro. I am the Spanish & Culture Instructor AmeriCorps member, aka I teach, plan, and develop the Spanish classes for children that we offer. I was looking for a job where I could speak Spanish, learn more about non-profits (specifically ones that promote education), and ideally work with children... Looks like I found it!
I came to Arlington Works! and AmeriCorps with the hope that my work would make a positive impact- for individuals, for the local community, and, with the extensive global connections present today, perhaps even for others around the world. One person's actions can make a difference in another's life, purposefully or inadvertently, and I want to be sure that my own actions encourage positive changes. A rather idealist mentality, I know, but as a 20-something, why not think that way?
More updates on Spanish Classes to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment